A little history...
At the Treaty of Corbeil in 1258, the new masters of Roussillon, the kings of Aragon and Majorca, built a castle for the defense of the northern border of the region.
This castle built by Nunyo Sanch was called "Castell de Força Réal" in French Château de Força Réal (Royal Castle).
Destroyed in 1693, today stands the Hermitage of Força Réal, a chapel dedicated to the Blessed Virgin Mary.
Located on the side of the Força Réal hill, this is how the estate naturally bears its name.
The land surrounding the estate was abandoned for a long time, giving way to the scrubland and its delicious smells of thyme, broom, rosemary ...
In 1989 Jean-Paul Henriques fell in love with this site and its extraordinary panorama, decided to acquire this place of 80 ha.
He rehabilitates the place by replanting vines and renovating with respect the old buildings of the estate.
In 1998 his son Cyril took over and the estate became a family affair. In synergy, vintage after vintage, they work on the consistency of the different terroirs and grape varieties so that each wine has its own expression.
In 2017, his daughter Laura joined them in turn.
The love of the land and the wine, the know-how and the rigour, the investments, the oenological follow-up make it possible to shape a range of exceptional wines.
Organic certified estate since 2018